What does condo insurance cover?

Condo insurance is very similar in many ways to home insurance. It does, however, differ in some very crucial ways. The fact that condos have common areas and share things like exterior and interior walls and a roof makes insuring them different from a single-family home. Your homeowners or condo association will have a master policy that covers the shared areas meaning you are not responsible for the loss of the building and none of the grounds. R&R Insurance Group LLC in Quakertown, PA is an independently owned insurance agency, and we are passionate about helping local residents find the insurance products they need. 

Loss of use

Bad things happen. If something happens to your condo, and it is rendered uninhabitable what would you do? Immediately you will go to a hotel and if your unit has sustained severe damage that will require extensive repair, you will need to find a temporary rental to stay in. Loss of use coverage will help to pay for these expenses until you can move back home. 

Personal property

Most of your possessions are covered with condo insurance. For any big-ticket items, you probably need to have an additional rider to give you the coverage you need. 


If someone is injured while in your unit or by a member of your family, even a furry one, your condo insurance will provide the money you need to pay medical expenses and even a judgment against you, including legal fees. 

Loss assessment

This coverage will take care of any assessment the condo association requires you to pay. It covers things like replacing the roof, major structural repairs, or other large updates that need to be done. Many times assessments can run into five-figure numbers. 

Contact R&R Insurance Group LLC in Quakertown, PA when you have questions about condo insurance.